Friday, February 12, 2010

Day 19 Stop, Look, and Listen

Things do not happen; things are made to happen
-John F. Kennedy


Essential Ingredient #4

Inspired Action

Life Lesson # 3 Stop, Look, and Listen

In the middle of difficulty lies opportunity.
-Albert Einstein

When someone does something that hurts or upsets me I used to start recalling every little thing that they had ever said and done that I either disagreed with or felt wronged by. It didn’t take my mind long to paint a fairly nasty picture of a person who in truth wasn’t so bad. I rarely do that anymore. In fact I worked very hard to change my habit of sliding down a very steep negative slope. I have been so successful at it that sometimes my friends think I hold myself back by being too forgiving, too positive (in their eyes a little blind). I have no regrets. I love my attitude, my outlook on life. I still have a lot to learn however my ability to see situations from several different perspectives has brought me a lot more happiness than not.

Every day we collect data (or as the book states evidence). We pick and choose the data that we want to collect and we use it to support our beliefs both good and bad. Our minds then use the data direct plays that support our current focus. So if you are focused on a belief that your mate is an idiot then you will collect the data and build a story that supports that belief. On the other hand if your focus is how thoughtful they your mind will pull together the evidence it needs to support that belief. It’s important to note that the mind couldn’t care less if your focus is based on truth only that you believe it to be.

When I made the conscious effort to change my perception I did it because it felt better. It felt like I was more in tune with myself, the type of person I wanted to be and the life I wanted to lead. That does not mean that I paint everyone as master piece no matter how they treat me, it means that I have a choice when that happens and I don’t need to ski down that slope to make it. I can acknowledge the negative and then change directions. I am only as stuck and as hurt as I choose to be, I am always at choice.

Think about the data you collect, is it the data you want? Does it support all you want to be, do, or have? Is it in line with your values? Will it help or hinder you achieving your goals? Is the data you’ve collected directing a movie that supports how difficult it will be to attract what you desire?

Remember yesterday’s lesson, the one about inspired action? If you don’t know what action to take ask for guidance. So if the data you’ve collected is pushing further away from your dreams, it’s time to get quiet. It’s time to stop. To breathe… deeply, and check in with how you are feeling. What’s your intuition telling you? Can you tell the difference between inspiration and the gremlin we talked about on day 16? According to the book Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction: 7 Essential Ingredients for Living a Prosperous Life if it’s your inner guidance it will be short and sweet and if the message is from the gremlin it will be filled with unnecessary details. They like to explain and justify at length. Ignore the gremlin, wait for the inspiration.



• Reminder; all exercises come directly from the book Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction: 7 Essential Ingredients for Living a Prosperous Life

Exercise 1

In your Prosperity Journal, answer the following questions:


1. What clues about my desire are being presented to me?


2. What opportunities lay at my feet?


3. What evidence can I see that things are unfolding perfectly for me?


4. What one next step do I feel inspired to take?


Tomorrow: Essential Ingredient #4

Inspired Actions

Life Lesson #4 Relax Awhile and Allow.

Have a great weekend, see you on Monday.

Until Then, Smile Often

Barbara
http://www.lifetude.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment