Monday, February 15, 2010

Day 20 Relax Awhile and Allow

It’s not how much you do, but how much love you put into doing that matters.
-Mother Teresa


Essential Ingredient #4

Inspired Action

Life Lesson #4 Relax Awhile and Allow


When you do the common things in life in an uncommon way, you will command the attention of the world.
-George Washington Carver



It’s hard sometimes to just sit still. There’s always something to do. There’s always something going on. Not making any real progress, always in a rush, most of the time we’re going nowhere fast. Yet as crazy as it might sound sometimes the best thing we could do in the name of progress is stand still…and take a deep breath.

For some learning to take a break or give themselves a break can be one of the most difficult lessons of all. Most people wait until they run themselves into the ground and their body screams “stop”. Even then there are those that do not heed the warning signs and will continue until they are emotional and physically drained or they start making costly mistakes. Either way it’s truly not the best way to go.

I know that when I am exhausted mentally and/or physically I don’t think straight. I tend to see all that is wrong in my world and lose sight of everything that I believe in. I see all the challenges I am facing and turn them into problems, hopeless situations. I begin to imagine the worst possible outcomes, and forget all that I have overcome. I forget how strong I am, how creative, intelligent, positive, resourceful, and open to possibilities I am. As aware of all of that as I am I also realize that since the moment I knew what I was meant to do/be I have learned to take time to breathe before I crash & burn and although I have my moments I get through them a lot quicker, happier and more motivated than I once did.

Becoming a Life Coach was a long journey. It started long before I was even aware of it and I’m constantly adding experiences and learning lessons that allow me to relate to and support my clients as they move towards achieving their goals. I have never enjoyed or experienced a more rewarding career. Watching my clients grow and achieve their goals is amazing and as much as I help them navigate their journey’s they help me stay true to mine.

Goals are important, so are priorities. However, sometimes our goal needs to be to clear our head and our priority to breathe. When life gets so hectic and you seem to be treading water taking a step back from chasing your dreams can be just what you need to clear the fog and allow your creative juices to start flowing again. You are not doing yourself any favors by chasing a goal and taking uninspired action. If you’re not excited about your goal step back, breathe, take a break from the goal and come back to it when you are excited and inspired to do so, you will make up for the time “lost” with your renewed enthusiasm.

• Reminder; all exercises come directly from the book Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction: 7 Essential Ingredients for Living a Prosperous Life

Exercise 1

Do you have a goal that get’s put on your list every year, but you don’t seem to do anything about it?

What if you were to take it off the list? That’s right. Let it go. To keep seeing it there when you don’t believe the situation is going to change is like a black cloud looming over your self-confidence. Wait until you are truly ready and excited to go for it.

Have you been trying to figure out something and the answer is not coming? Give it a rest! Chill out. Let the answer find you when the time is right. You can’t force a solution or idea, but you can create space for it.

You’ll find that taking a break from anything is a good thing. Have you ever gotten out of your head and into your heart? That’s a really great thing.

Choose to relax about one goal you’ve been trying hard to manifest. Maybe the effort has been in your head and not in the doing. The desire that should have been here yesterday needs you to relax and allow it to manifest. Choose to put it on hold for a week. Relax about it. Let the Universe take over for a while.

How do you know when to stop resting? When it feels good to do so. You never need to be concerned about being inspired. There will always be an ebb and flow. You’ll find yourself inspired for days, and then you may just want to relax with books and movies.

Trust that you will be inspired again. The timing of it all is none of your business. That’s the job of the Universe. If you feel inspired from a place of abundance to take action around it, go for it.


Tomorrow: Essential Ingredient #4

Inspired Actions

Life Lesson #5 Trust “The” Voice

Smile Often

Barbara
LifeTude


No comments:

Post a Comment