Thursday, February 25, 2010

Day 25 How to Make Fear Your Ally

Baby Steps Lead To Avalanches



There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.
Albert Einstein

Essential Ingredient #5
Life Lesson #4 How to Make Fear Your Ally

 
Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising every time we fall.
-Confucius



This was an exhausting, eye opening, and wonderful week and today it just caught up with me. I was so drained I came home early and passed out on the couch for a few hours. When I woke up I was a bit shaky and didn’t feel much like picking up the book and working on today’s lesson…but I did. I did because I had a tug of war going on inside my head. One side was telling me to “pick up the book” and the other side was giving me excuse why I didn’t have to pick it up.

It was a close battle. The excuses were making perfect sense and my energy was extremely low. Then came the flashback, I remembered the lessons we worked on last week, and I picked up the book. Although it didn’t seem to fit at the time I understand now why I was being pushed to read today’s lesson…it could have been about me. As a matter of fact the first paragraph hit so close to home that I had to read and reread it several times just to be sure that I hadn’t written it…I hadn’t of course.

Most people have no idea of the powerful effect that focus and their beliefs have on their lives. They spend most of their time worried about everything not realizing that by focusing on the worry they are attracting more situations/things to worry about. If you tend to focus on the positive side of things you will attract more positive situations/things. That is not to say that you will never experience something that is not positive, however by focusing on the positive your experience will be less devastating and will cause fewer traumas in your life. In fact something positive may come from it.

Fear eats people up inside. Fear destroys lives. Our fears hold us back. They prevent us from moving in the direction of what we truly want. Because of fear people settle for things and situations that are less than what they truly want. I understand that it can be difficult to let go of your fears. I know that when things don’t go your way that it’s hard not to see all the other things that have gone wrong in the past. However looking at the past to support your negative beliefs is a choice and a habit. Luckily for us habits can be broken.



• Reminder; all exercises come directly from the book Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction: 7 Essential Ingredients for Living a Prosperous Life

Exercise 1

Get out your Prosperity Journal and use these five steps to cross the barrier from fearful to fearless.


1. Identify your fear our fears. Make sure you are aware of the entire situation. It is not uncommon for more than one fear to be at the root of a problem, or a fear from long ago resurfacing to couple with a new one.


2. Identify what is holding you back from being doing or having whatever you desire. You need to have a clear understanding of what must be overcome in order to combat it.


3. Identify what you would do if you didn’t have that fear. Visualize what your life would be like if this albatross did not exist. How would you feel? How many more opportunities would be available to you? How many more adventures would exist? How much happier would you be?


4. Identify situations when you faced fear and moved beyond it. With a little thought everyone can identify situations where they moved beyond fear to reach a desired outcome (a new relationship, a new job, graduation, a wedding and more). This can be any situation in which you faced your dragon and triumphed. Use these times as touchstones that you can carry in your pocket and to remind you that you can do this again.


5. Identify the qualities in you that helped you succeed. These qualities are the foundation for your success and, typically, the foundation for you as a person---tenacity, integrity, zeal, confidence, being able to see the big picture, to name a few.

So how are you letting your fears stop you? How can you take the Pause button off of your life? What are some of the qualities that you have drawn upon in the past to overcome your fears and reach your dreams? Now is the time. Seize control of your life again.

Tomorrow: Essential Ingredient #5

Baby Steps Lead To Avalanches

Life Lesson # 5 Close Your Eyes and Dream

Smile Often
Barbara
LifeTude
Being Human



No comments:

Post a Comment