Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Day 23 The Power of Being 100 Percent Responsible

Baby Steps Lead To Avalanches




Success is failure with the dirt brushed off.
Mamie McCullough



Essential Ingredient #5

Life Lesson #2 The Power of Being 100 Percent Responsible

I was in a meeting with a fellow BNI member when they asked me if there was anything in my past I would change, now although I’ll admit that there are more than few times when I could have made better choices I truly would not go back and change any of them. Even as awful as my first husband was, I wouldn’t go back and skip over him…my daughters are a combination of the both of us and I love them more than life itself so although his contribution was minimal, without it Kelli and Jessica might have been Dick & Jane.

It’s easy to look back at things we have said or done and say “if only” but what’s the point? We can’t change the past and you never know what might be missing from your life if you were to change something. Each decision we make points us in a direction that direction intersects with other people places and things and if you were to go back and change a choice maybe you would lose a whole lot more than you realize.

So as I look back sure it might be nice if a few things turned out differently, but even if they did there’s no guarantee that things would be any better, it’s just easier to think that they would. I try not to waste time on regrets, life passes by so quickly and I know I can’t change the past so I chose to focus on now and what I can do to move from where I am to where I want to be. I think taking steps towards the life I want is a much better use of my time than trying to change the past with wishful thinking.

Having choices is a wonderful thing. We always have them…even if we don’t like what we have to choose from. Even when we tell ourselves we don’t have a choice, we actually do, we always do. So now that you know you always have a choice what are you going to do about it, about your future? It’s up to you to choose.

No matter where I go I always seem to run into someone who isn’t happy with their past, and is miserable in their present but hesitates to take a chance and do something to create the future they want. I took the following quote from the book Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction; “Change begins first with a thought, followed by a choice, which becomes an action.”

Do you want your life or parts of your life to change? When you visualize the life you want does it look like the life you are living? If not you have a choice to make.”

Don’t waste time looking back with regret and anger. This moment, right here, right now is the first moment in the rest of your life. The choice is yours.

When you decide to take 100 % responsibility for your life and stop wasting time complaining and blaming you acknowledge that everything that happens to you is your own doing, wanted or not. If you want different results you need to think and act differently.

• Reminder; all exercises come directly from the book Life Lessons for Mastering the Law of Attraction: 7 Essential Ingredients for Living a Prosperous Life
Exercise 1

1. Get out your Prosperity Journal and write at the top of the page, “How did I create this issue in my life?” Notice this isn’t a list of how someone else created the problem. The question releases all blame and victimhood. This is your opportunity to identify your role in creating this situation. What were the choices you made the perspectives you held, the things you said or didn’t say, the assumptions you made? You are taking 100% responsibility for having this situation or issue in your life.


2. At the top of the next page in your journal write, “What can I do to resolve the issue?” This is your opportunity to focus on what you do want, putting your energy on the results you’d like to experience. Again you are taking 100% responsibility for your life.


3. From your list of answers in step 2, determine your next action and take it.


4. When setbacks occur, remember to hold your focus on your intended outcome and ask “What can I do to resolve this?” and get back into action.

5. Be sure to congratulate yourself for taking back control of your life!



Tomorrow: Essential Ingredient #5

Baby Steps Lead To Avalanches

Life Lesson # 3 Pay it Forward and Create Miracles


Smile Often
Barbara
LifeTude
New Blog "Being Human"

No comments:

Post a Comment