Monday, February 22, 2010

Day 22 Baby Steps Lead To Avalanches

Baby Steps Lead To Avalanches

Essential Ingredient #5

Life Lesson #1 The Power of A Single Step


Welcome back! Thank you for allowing me to break away and follow some inspired action of my own. I made a commitment to you last week. I said I would share the action planned to take and what my gremlin said to try to talk me out of it.

One of the toughest lessons I have ever had to learn was that I didn’t and don’t have to be Wonder Woman…although I really like the costume. Seriously, I think I spent so much time with the single mom mentality that I forgot it’s ok to be human. Being human doesn’t stop me from being a great Mom, friend, sister, lover or coach. Being human helps me relate, keeps me humble and reminds me that I am not alone. Being human is part of what makes me great.

My intuition, told me to share my struggle. My inspiration was to do it via a new blog. So as hard as it may be to share something this personal, something I have struggled with for the last 18 years I have decided to take a risk and listen to my intuition. I welcome you to my new blog “Being Human”, I hope you will check it out and share your thoughts and comments with me.

"Courage is resistance to fear; mastery of fear - not absence of fear."
-Mark Twain



Back to Life Lessons

Most great people have attained their greatest success just one step beyond their greatest failure.
Napoleon Hill

The last week has been interesting to say the least. We haven’t made it through all the lessons in this book and yet I can’t help but notice how it has helped me. The strange thing for me is the way in which it is taking place…things are falling into place, not as I first expected but as I worked through the exercises for inspired action and followed my “gut”, the pieces of my puzzle began to fall into place. All I did was take the first step and the information, support, and ideas I needed showed up.

It seems like the entire world is in such a rush. It’s not that everyone wants something; it’s that they all want it yesterday. Although there are times when ‘NOW” would be ok with me, I understand that if everything happened now life would be over. I also understand that progress doesn’t always happen at the speed of light.

When you look at all the things you have been through, do you feel like you have learned from your experiences? Have you looked for the opportunities these experiences held? Do you place blame on yourself and others and use excuses to explain your circumstances? If you do you are probably missing out on a ton of opportunities.

Taking responsibility for your life and your choices is important; however I’m not saying that you should take on all the responsibility. I will say that placing blame on others is a waste of time and energy. By taking responsibility for our lives and our choice we gain power, we take control…why would you want to place control of your life or the experience you go through in anyone’s hands other than your own?



Life affords no higher pleasure than that of surmounting difficulties, passing from one step of success to another, forming new wishes and seeing them gratified. -Samuel Johnson

• Reminder; all exercises come directly from the book “Life Lessons

Exercise 1


1. Take out your Prosperity Journal and draw a line down the middle of the page. In the left hand column list the areas in your life where you feel challenged. In the right hand column, identify the opportunity within each challenge.


2. Next, for each opportunity, identify one step you can take now toward the opportunity you’ve identified.


3. Then decide when you will take that step. Put that date next to your action step. One next step is all you need to get the momentum going.


4. Now as Nike says, “Just Do It”!


5. Once you have taken that step, identify what your next step will be. Set the date by which you’ll have taken your next step and resolve to go for it.


6. Repeat steps two through five as often as necessary.



Tomorrow: Essential Ingredient #5

Baby Steps Lead To Avalanches

Life Lesson #2 The Power of Being 100 Percent Responsible

Smile Often
Barbara


No comments:

Post a Comment